2011年12月15日星期四

new TaylorMade R11 Irons Review

I'm a shade under a 9 handicap. Good driving sets up my game for good scoring. Typical solid rounds are a lot of pars and some bogeys, limiting the damage to a double-bogey or two. 1 or 2 birdies a round is my average. I'm not a very high-ball hitter and prefer lighter weight shafts, but standard swing weight irons. I can effectively play 'off-the-rack' setups out of the box as they're very close to my actual specs. I've been playing TaylorMade MCs for the better part of the summer with success. I've ONLY played forged irons for several years because I LOVE forged feel. I've tried some cast clubs and disliked every one.


I was fit for them. I bought them. I like them a lot. They're solid. I've tried Burner 2.0s and the feel/size of the club heads just weren't for me. These fall in the middle. If you like the Burner 2.0 concept but dislike their feel, these will surprise you. Not only do these feel nice for a cast club, but they have good feel overall. Frankly, I'm impressed.

Most surprising to me are the short irons. They feel solid and are very accurate. Turf interaction on dry and wet days has been great, and they're very consistent. I don't find them clunky, even coming from playing MCs.



I've played 3 rounds and logged several hours on the range. With all the talk out there about these, I've been dying to give a little insight. Finally they've been announced, and I can, so on to the fun part! I've tried to put some of what I remember from the presentation I saw with my own opinions. My opinions are my own - TM didn't ask for a review - but they're really positive. I'm surprised at how much I like these.

没有评论:

发表评论